Understanding the specifications of built up roofs gives you an idea about the procedures to be followed for the installation process. The initiation of the installation has to be from the lower edge of the roof. This enables in testing the strength of materials and fillings as you move up. There are many types of roofing which can help protect the residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Asphalt, ballasted, cold and PRC are some of the models. The roof offers complete waterproofing, protection from UV radiation and other environmental elements. The process of building up the roof could be relatively slow, but you can expect long term results.
Low Sloped Built Up Roofs
Low sloped built up roofs are common in residential buildings. You may choose the install the roof for the entire construction or restrict it to specific rooms like the living room, bedroom and kitchen. Make sure to provide the insulation layer from heat and UV rays.
- Reinforcement of layers with fiber glass material can provide additional tensile strength and flexibility to the roof. In some cases they may be strengthened with the organic mat. These materials are highly elastic in nature and hence unbreakable. They can take up stress from the environmental elements like heat, wind and water. They have high wear resistance and rustproof properties. They can absorb heat from the external environment and keep the interiors’ temperature at moderate levels.
- You can easily install false ceilings within the interiors of built up roofs. You can do this by linking the roof with the interior ceiling with the help of steel pipes and fix them fasteners.
- You may use many types of surfacing materials like gravel which provide excellent support for weather resistance. By choosing variety of colors you can make the roofs aesthetically appealing.
- The slopes are designed on either side of the central beam to enable draining of water and elimination of snow during winter.
- The maintenance procedures and costs involved with built up roofs are said to be low. The only effective costs are involved in the installation process.
How to Install PRC Roofing
The procedure involved in PRC roofing starts with frame installation. This may be made of hardwood, steel pipes or other rustproof material with high tensile strength.
- Choose the angle of sloping from the center beam till the lower tip of the PRC roofing. In many of the cases this could be from 45 degrees to 50 degrees.
- Then you need to make provision for the sub structures. They may be frame fillers cross beams supporting pipes and s on. In the next step you need to install the absorbing (sound, heat, humidity etc) later in the internal and external side of the frame. Then you can provide the PRC roofing. Make sure of fastening the roof with the interior frame with the help of fasteners. You may choose to have ventilation points at various locations on the PRC roofing. This helps in air circulation. The ventilation points can have a door system which can be used for open and close purposes.
Listing in About.me
Advertising of the roofing services in About.me can help the potential customers in finding the services. Personal interaction with the website visitors and other business and social contacts is also made possible.